Though I started this project in 2008, I didn't find a Turkish translator until 2009. The next stage of the project is for me to sing the six songs I wrote for the baby I miscarried (columns 1 and 2) and the father (columns 3 and 4). :)

Saturday, December 26, 2009

He never saw you / Seni hiç görmedi AND You left jagged marks / Derin izler bıraktın: written (and to be performed) by Vanessa Raney, translated by Özgür Tetik, all rights reserved 2009-present





He never saw you

Though you’re long lost,
I’ve seen your potential:
What you might’ve been.
That deadpan expression
You borrowed from him,
But the rest was all me.

But you weren’t always a girl.
You were also a boy.
I saw my smile in yours
And his hair on your face.
Oh, I wanted to hold you
With your father beside us.

But time will not change,
And he never saw you.
Fate bled you too soon.
The ache is still raw,
But the gnawing has stopped.

We’d talk about you:
What you’d be like.
I was part of the two
Who made you alive,
But I didn’t know
I’d be crying for you.

Wicked and cruel
Are the dreams
When my stomach expands
Or you’re crawling around
And he’s never far gone;
His love is for real.

Chorus

Chorus
Seni hiç görmedi

Uzundur kayıp olmana rağmen,
Ne olabileceğine dair:
Potansiyelini gördüm.
Ondan ödünç aldığın
Anlamsız açıklaman,
Ama gerisi hep bendim.

Her zaman bir kız değildin.
Aynı zamanda erkektin.
Gülüşümü gülüşünde
Onun saçını yüzünde gördüm.
Baban yanıbaşındayken
Seni tutmak istedim.

Ama zaman değişmeyecek,
Ve o seni hiç görmeyecek.
Kader seni çok erken kanattı.
Sızı daha toy,
Ama eziyet durdu.

Neye benzeyeceğin hakkında:
Konuşurduk.
Sana can veren
İkinin bir parçasıydım,
Ama bilmiyordum
Senin için ağlayacağımı.

Rüyalar
Hain ve zalim
Karnım şiştiğinde
Ya da sen etrafta emeklerken
Ve o daha uzaklarda değilken;
Onun sevgisi gerçekti.

Koro

Koro
You left jagged marks

You can judge me
All that you want
But it doesn’t change
What you did to me.

I don’t care what they say
Your smiles are everyone’s fool
They hide your intentions
I know the darkness within.

You left jagged marks
That just will not heal
The bandaids fall off
Your venom’s too pure.

You had smooth words
I believed what you said.
What was the punch line
You promised your friends?

I wasn’t supposed to know
But you were gone for a time
And when I was told
I knew what you were.

Chorus

Oooh, but you got what you wanted.
Oooh, I will never be whole again.
What I feel is deeper than you;
Nothing unbinds it, not even time.

You have claims over me
How do I shake them?
You are my heart
You bleed into me.

Chorus

Chorus
Derin izler bıraktın

Eğer isteğin buysa
Beni yargılayabilirsin
Ama bana yaptıklarını
Bu değiştirmeyecek.

Ne dedikleri umrumda değil
Gülüşün herkesi kandırır
Niyetini gizler
İçindeki karanlığı biliyorum.

Derin izler bıraktın
Hiçbir zaman iyileşmeyecek
Bandaj düştü
Zehrin çok saf.

Huzur veren sözlerin oldu
Dediklerine inandım.
Arkadaşlarına söz vermenin
Esprisi neydi?

Bilmem gerekmiyordu
Ama bir zaman için gittin
Ve bana söylendiğinde
Ne olduğunu biliyordum.

Koro

Aaah, ama ne istediysen aldın.
Aaah, hiçbir zaman tam olmayacağım.
Hissettiğim senden daha derin;
Hiçbirşey bunu çözemez, zaman bile.

Benden isteklerin oldu
Onlardan nasıl yakamı sıyırayım?
Sen benim kalbimsin
İçime kanıyorsun

Koro

Koro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been to Monterrey, Puebla, MEXICO; Manchester, ENGLAND; Ottawa, ONTARIO; Vancouver, North Vancouver, Nanaimo, Whistler, Victoria, Chilliwack, BRITISH COLUMBIA; Istanbul, TURKEY; Sofia, Rila Monastery, Bunovo, Bansko, Sandanski, Rupite, Melnik, Gotse Delchev, Velingrad, Dorkovo, Vidin, Kula, Dimovo, Belogradchic, Rabisha, Chiprovsti, Montana, Kyustendil, Petrich, Belgoevgrad, Plovdiv, Hisar, Starosel, Karlovo, Sopot, Asenovgrad, Kazanluk, Veliko Turnovo, Ruse, BULGARIA; Bucureşti, Suceava, and Braşov, ROMANIA; Budapest, Zánka, Tapolca, Badascony, Badasconytomaj, Balatonfüred, Sümeg, Balatonboglár, Balatonlelle, Kesthely, Hévíz, Alsópáhok, Zalaszántó, Fonyód, Somogyvamos, Somogyvár, HUNGARY; Sarajevo, Mostar, Blagaj, Žitomislići, Počitelj, Međugorje, Radimlja, Stolac, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA; Venice, ITALY. :)