Though I started this project in 2008, I didn't find a Turkish translator until 2009. The next stage of the project is for me to sing the six songs I wrote for the baby I miscarried (columns 1 and 2) and the father (columns 3 and 4). :)

Saturday, December 26, 2009

You are real to me / Benim için gerçeksin AND Like a Fool / Aptal Gibi: written (and to be performed) by Vanessa Raney, translated by Özgür Tetik, all rights reserved 2009-present









You are real to me
You are a quiet wind
only I seem to notice.
Like a memory falling
from a sleeping past,
I try to reach you
but you disappear.

I have dreamed of you.
I have held you close.
You are real to me.
You are my face.

I am restless every night.
When I close my eyes
I feel you pressing in.
With every hope of day
I sleep away the tears;
you are what I wish for.

Chorus

What a sweet disguise
to feel you almost barely,
yet to never comfort you;
everything I could’ve done,
here there is only me,
but you persist in dreams.

Chorus

I didn’t know I’d feel
this way about you.
It’s nothing I anticipated
yet tragic is the end
when nothing can bring you
from myself into open arms.

Chorus
Benim için gerçeksin
Sadece benim hissettiğim
Sessiz bir rüzgarsın.
Uykudaki geçmişten
Düşen bir anı gibi,
Sana ulaşmaya çalıştım
Ama kayboldun.

Seni hayal ettim.
Seni yakın tuttum.
Benim için gerçeksin.
Sen benim yüzümsün.

Her gece huzursuzum.
Gözlerimi kapadığımda
İçimde hissederim seni.
Her günün umuduyla
Uyuturum gözyaşlarımı;
Dilediğim sensin.

Koro

Neredeyse zar zor
Seni hissetmek ne tatlı bir numara,
Seni hiç rahat ettirmese de;
Yapabildiğim herşey,
Orda burda sadece ben varım,
Ama rüyalarımda kaldın.

Koro

Senin için bu şekilde
Hissedeceğimi bilmezdim.
Beklediğim hiç değil
Hatta trajik sonu
Seni benden alıp açık kollara
Hiçbirşey getirmediği zaman.

Koro
Like a fool
No matter how far I go
You will always be there
In dreams and reminders;
I can’t escape what I feel.
But you don’t deserve it.

My heart just won’t stop.
When I’m alone in the dark
You’re what I’m seeking
To keep the darkness at bay;
I didn’t know I was lost.

I have prayed for forgiveness,
But you’re like a monster;
You keep clawing at me.
And, like a fool,
I stay in love with you.

The earth has swallowed me whole.
And, still, you walk over me.
But you don’t hear the ground.
I’m the earthquake that’s rising;
Only cracks will remain.

And the ocean’s my pulse
That’s beating for you
But waves don’t move
By their own force of will;
You’re the tide pulling me.

Chorus

I want to fall back on myself
But the memories of you
Push me away.
What I feel is too real;
You’re what I need.

If I close my eyes,
I’ll float to the sky
And shine my light,
But I already know
You’re not good enough.

Chorus
Aptal Gibi
Ne kadar gidersem gideyim
Sen daima orada
Rüyalarım ve hatıralarımda olacaksın;
Hislerimden kaçamam.
Ama sen bunu haketmiyorsun.

Kalbim hiç durmayacak.
Karanlıkta yalnızken
Karanlığı körfezde tutmak için
Aradığım şey sensin;
Kaybolduğumu bilmiyordum.

Af için dua ettim,
Ama sen canavar gibisin;
Beni pençelemeye devam ettin.
Ve aptal gibi,
Senin aşkında kaldım.

Dünya tamamen yuttu beni.
Ve hala ezip geçiyorsun beni.
Ancak yeri duymuyorsun.
Yaklaşan deprem gibiyim;
Sadece çatlaklar kalacak.

Ve okyanuslar senin için atan
Nabzımdır benim
Ama dalgalar
Kendi iradeleriyle hareket etmez;
Beni çeken medcezirsin

Koro

Kendime geri çekilmek istiyorum
Ama senin hatıraların
Beni uzağa itiyor.
Ne hissettiğim çok gerçek;
İhtiyacım olan sensin.

Gözlerimi kapasam,
Gökyüzüne süzülür
Ve ışığımı parlatırım,
Ama biliyorum ki
Sen yeterince iyi değilsin

Koro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been to Monterrey, Puebla, MEXICO; Manchester, ENGLAND; Ottawa, ONTARIO; Vancouver, North Vancouver, Nanaimo, Whistler, Victoria, Chilliwack, BRITISH COLUMBIA; Istanbul, TURKEY; Sofia, Rila Monastery, Bunovo, Bansko, Sandanski, Rupite, Melnik, Gotse Delchev, Velingrad, Dorkovo, Vidin, Kula, Dimovo, Belogradchic, Rabisha, Chiprovsti, Montana, Kyustendil, Petrich, Belgoevgrad, Plovdiv, Hisar, Starosel, Karlovo, Sopot, Asenovgrad, Kazanluk, Veliko Turnovo, Ruse, BULGARIA; Bucureşti, Suceava, and Braşov, ROMANIA; Budapest, Zánka, Tapolca, Badascony, Badasconytomaj, Balatonfüred, Sümeg, Balatonboglár, Balatonlelle, Kesthely, Hévíz, Alsópáhok, Zalaszántó, Fonyód, Somogyvamos, Somogyvár, HUNGARY; Sarajevo, Mostar, Blagaj, Žitomislići, Počitelj, Međugorje, Radimlja, Stolac, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA; Venice, ITALY. :)