Though I started this project in 2008, I didn't find a Turkish translator until 2009. The next stage of the project is for me to sing the six songs I wrote for the baby I miscarried (columns 1 and 2) and the father (columns 3 and 4). :)

Saturday, December 26, 2009

You'll stay in my heart / Kalbimde kalacaksın AND I won't take anymore / Daha fazla dayanamam (& 2 be performed) by Vanessa Raney, translated by Özgür Tetik, all rights reserved 2009-present








You'll stay in my heart


You might’ve been great
But I’ll never know.
Your spirit is strong,
Your body is gone.

Walk with me shadow,
The ghosts are all quiet.
The night is a cavern
Where you can be free.

Oh, baby, you own me.
You didn’t make it to term
But you’ll stay in my heart
It’s just a matter of time.

Hold on to the rain,
I’m not afraid
When you fall
On my face.

The cold is the stillness;
I let it wash over me.
I’m angry at fate;
It stole you from me.

Chorus

I’ve given you voice
But he refuses to hear;
I won’t abandon
The faith that is mine.

If there’s a heaven,
I hope you are well
Light up the sky
With your joy.

Chorus

Chorus
Kalbimde kalacaksın


Belki de çok harikaydın
Hiçbir zaman bilemeyeceğim.
Ruhun kuvvetli,
Vücudun gitti.

Yürü benimle gölge,
Hayaletler hep sessiz.
Gece, özgür kalacağın
Bir sığınak gibi.

Oh bebeğim bana sahipsin.
Koşullara uygun yapamadın
Ama kalbimde kalacaksın
Bu sadece bir zaman meselesi.

Yağmura tutun,
Korkmuyorum
Yüzüme
Düştüğün zaman.

Soğuk sessizdir;
Beni yıkamasına izin vereceğim.
Kadere kızgınım;
Seni benden çaldığı için

Koro

Sana ses verdim
Ama o duymayı reddetti;
Bana ait olan inancı
Terketmeyeceğim.

Eğer bir cennet varsa
Umarım iyisindir
Neşenle
Gökyüzünü aydınlat.

Koro

Koro
I won't take anymore

I will not bend today.
You keep pretending
The damage you left
Was nothing to me.

The ghosts, they do haunt
But I’m the one howling;
You walk away laughing.
You’re the reason for this.

You told me you loved me.
You held me with lies.
You threatened my life.
I won’t take any more.

But the baby was yours
Lost in forever ago.
Yet you bleed me now
This wound just won’t close.
I was nothing to you:
No more than a joke
For you and your friends.
But I can’t forget.

Chorus

Chorus

You used and abused me.
Our child is dead,
But you won’t acknowledge
So I’m left alone.

I want to empty your cage
But you tied it too well.
It binds me forever to you
Even when my mind is clear.

Chorus
Daha fazla dayanamam

Bugün eğilmeyeceğim.
Bıraktığın hasarın
Benim için hiçbirşeymiş
Gibi oynamaya devam et.

Hayaletler ziyaret eder
Ama inleyen benim;
Gülerek uzaklaştın.
Bunun sebebi sensin.

Bana seni seviyorum dedin.
Beni yalanlarla tuttun.
Hayatıma kastettin.
Daha fazla dayanamam.

Ancak yıllar önce kaybolan
Bebek senin di.
Hala beni kanatıyorsun
Bu yara kapanmayacak.
Senin için hiçbirşeydim:
Sen ve arkadaşların için
Şakadan başka bir şey değil.
Ama unutamam.

Koro

Koro

Beni kullandın ve suistimal ettin.
Çocuğumuz öldü ama,
Sen kabul etmedin
Böylece yalnız kaldım.

Bavulunu boşaltmak istiyorum
Ama onu çok sıkı düğümledin.
Zihnim açık olduğunda bile
Beni sonsuza dek sana bağlıyor.

Koro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've been to Monterrey, Puebla, MEXICO; Manchester, ENGLAND; Ottawa, ONTARIO; Vancouver, North Vancouver, Nanaimo, Whistler, Victoria, Chilliwack, BRITISH COLUMBIA; Istanbul, TURKEY; Sofia, Rila Monastery, Bunovo, Bansko, Sandanski, Rupite, Melnik, Gotse Delchev, Velingrad, Dorkovo, Vidin, Kula, Dimovo, Belogradchic, Rabisha, Chiprovsti, Montana, Kyustendil, Petrich, Belgoevgrad, Plovdiv, Hisar, Starosel, Karlovo, Sopot, Asenovgrad, Kazanluk, Veliko Turnovo, Ruse, BULGARIA; Bucureşti, Suceava, and Braşov, ROMANIA; Budapest, Zánka, Tapolca, Badascony, Badasconytomaj, Balatonfüred, Sümeg, Balatonboglár, Balatonlelle, Kesthely, Hévíz, Alsópáhok, Zalaszántó, Fonyód, Somogyvamos, Somogyvár, HUNGARY; Sarajevo, Mostar, Blagaj, Žitomislići, Počitelj, Međugorje, Radimlja, Stolac, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA; Venice, ITALY. :)